[Univ] GRVTS (v1.4) and [OTTD] eGRVTS (v1.0)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

sss
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [Univ] GRVTS (v1.4) and [OTTD] eGRVTS (v1.0)

Post by sss »

FooBar wrote:Do you have realistic acceleration for roadvehicles enabled? If so, then disable that.
That doesn't explain why they work at first, but this set (or at least the version from the online content) is known not to work with realistic acceleration.
oh thanks.
because they worked at first, is cuz i had it set at original.
then i switched it.
well thanks for the help!
Lord Lolland
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lord Lolland »

I have noticed that all the horse-drawn vehicles have 0 horse power when acceleration is set to realistic, could that be why they only go 1kph? And if it is then wouldnt it be easy to change that 0 to a 5*?
I havent tried making or editing a newGrf myself so i wouldnt know, but it seems rather obvious to me.

*: 1 horsepower is the consistent power a horse pulling a 19th century plough yelds, 14.9 is peak power for an average horse running freely, so i bet 5 per horse would be realistic.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Lord Lolland wrote:I have noticed that all the horse-drawn vehicles have 0 horse power when acceleration is set to realistic, could that be why they only go 1kph? And if it is then wouldnt it be easy to change that 0 to a 5*?
Yes and Yes.
MAG101
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MAG101 »

press fix the Horse drawn vech since has horsepower of 0 runs 1mph
is there gonna be 32bmp grapics this set please. since there few

and maybe future to 2200
hydrosqueegee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hydrosqueegee »

i have a question about a problem i found, but i dont know if its related to EGRVTS or FIRS. when using both grfs in a game, not a single horse drawn vehicle is capable of hauling alcohol cargo. not sure if any newer vehicles can haul it because i havent tried. FIRS is something new ive been trying out.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

eGRVTS unfortunately doesn't support the alcohol cargo for horses. Indeed I'm not entirely sure whether later vehicle have that issue. Might be.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

If none of the horse-drawn vehicles carry it then (I am pretty sure) none will be able to, the vehicles all share cargo class definitions. What cargo classes is alcohol in?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

i believe it was something like "liquid and express", where all vehicles that include liquid exclude express and the other way around, or something...
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

I have a feeling that bug is fixed in this testing version of the big recode and graphics update: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 80#p969342
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

I have made one big thread for all the different eGRVTS and GRVTS versions. Please focus any discussion there.

The new thread!

Return to “Graphics Development”