[Univ] GRVTS (v1.4) and [OTTD] eGRVTS (v1.0)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [Univ] GRVTS (v1.4) and [OTTD] eGRVTS (v1.0)

Post by NekoMaster »

Regarding horse drawn carriages, you need to use drive through road stops, as articulated vehicles can't go into depot style stops
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

The horse drawn vehicles (and articulated vehicles in general) can only use drive-through road stops, not the dead-end road stations. That should fix your problem.

EDIT: crap, I should learn to check if there is a next page before hitting the reply button :(
callmewoof
Engineer
Engineer

Post by callmewoof »

Thank you both for the quick replies! I haven't figured that out for weeks and I was to embarrassed to ask. I'm glad I finally did. :D
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

callmewoof wrote:Thank you both for the quick replies! I haven't figured that out for weeks and I was to embarrassed to ask. I'm glad I finally did. :D
Ask when you need help so you dont suffer. The forums are around to help :3 Glad to hear our help helped
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Err, didn't see the new page. Question already answered! (Same problem as Foobar... :rolleyes:)
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Sellic
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sellic »

I got this newgrf a year or so ago and I have been playing with it since then, so before anything else I would like to thank its creator.

Now just a little issue: I can't seem to get access to the last mail truck in the game (XPR Major if I remember). I've looked in the .nfo and I did not find anything different from other trucks though, and it is the only missing truck. Am I the only one? If not, does anyone know how to fix it?
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

There is a possibility its introduction date is after 2050 which means (if I remember right) that it never appears... I am doing a big refactor of graphics and code at the moment so I will try and work out if something in particular is broken.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

OpenTTD should adjust the "stop all vehicle development" date after 2050 if a vehicle appears this late. Which version are you using?
Sellic
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sellic »

Well every cargo type has one (or, in this case, more than one) vehicle appearing after 2050, so the "stop all vehicle development" has no hold over eGRVTS. The regular mail truck is the only vehicle that does not appear.

As far as my competence with nfo goes, the data are given the same way as for other trucks, the sprites are there, the coordinates are the right ones. There are no numbers that seem odd compared to the other vehicles which do appear. It is not even the first or the last truck on the list. Nor is it an articulated vehicle that would need special instructions.

I made the previous mail truck not expire, but it somewhat puts mail at a disadvantage.
Zephyris wrote:I am doing a big refactor of graphics and code at the moment so I will try and work out if something in particular is broken.
I am looking forward to it. I will keep you informed if I find something.
Grall3
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Grall3 »

Hello l love this set and use it all the time, just thought I'd agree with one of the earlier post regarding the first couple of steam busses and steam trucks. I've always wanted to use them but at 4 kph they are next to useless. This is just my personal opinion, but what do others think? Hopefully when you have time and do the update you'll be able to tweak them a bit.

Thanks for the great set.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Thank you for your comments, I will certainly bear your thoughts in mind :D
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

I too think the stream trucks could use a bit of a boost. Also I hope that in the next update horse drawn carriages will be given a little traction to work with realistic road vehicle aceleration
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

NekoMaster wrote:I too think the stream trucks could use a bit of a boost. Also I hope that in the next update horse drawn carriages will be given a little traction to work with realistic road vehicle aceleration
That will really be nice :).

And Zephyris, I found this on Wikipedia (so be critical about it :P):
1830-1895

Regular intercity bus services by steam-powered buses were pioneered in England in the 1830s by Walter Hancock and by associates of Sir Goldsworthy Gurney among others, running reliable services over road conditions which were too hazardous for horse-drawn transportation. Steam carriages were much less likely to overturn, did not "run away with" the customer as horses sometimes did. They travelled faster than horse-drawn carriages (24 mph over four miles and an average of 12 mph over longer distances). They could run at a half to a third of the cost of horse-drawn carriages. Their brakes did not lock and drag like horse-drawn transport (a phenomenon that increased damage to roads). According to engineers, steam carriages caused one-third the damage to the road surface as that caused by the action of horses' feet. Indeed, the wide tires of the steam carriages (designed for better traction) caused virtually no damage to the streets, whereas the narrow wheels of the horse-drawn carriages (designed to reduce the effort required of horses) tended to cause rutting.[1]
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Fair enough, I will give them a tweak!
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

I think some Food trucks could benefit from a small increase in hp... for exemple the Edding Articulo is not able to reach top speed with food but it s able with goods (i know there is a weight difference). At the same time there is this express food truck the XPR that is having way more hp and kn than the edding articulo wich is coming out few years after and suposed to carry double more than the XPR.

Also i don t know if it s a bug or feature. the XPR(and maybe some others too ?) have more kn when it s loaded as when it s not. but the edding articulo don t have this kn boost.

Other than that I really likes the new graphics, and the different liveries ! (But Is there any various liveries planned for the food and goods trucks ?)

thanks for the effort your putting into this awesome set !
Attachments
Expresso do Aripuana, 13_09_2030.png
(231.32 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Could we possibly get a north american theme for the set? I noticed in the set that everything is mostly european themed and look a little out of place in North America (I rarely see a 2 axle tractor, since in north america 3 axles seems to be the norm for transport trucks)
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Here is an example with realistic acceleration and default steepness (7%). The Access Rigel with Hopper Trailers that Terron AI has built for coal transport takes very long time to climb that slope at the front of the queue.
Attachments
Oskarfors Transport, 14th Oct 1958.png
Oskarfors Transport, 14th Oct 1958.png (148.7 KiB) Viewed 610 times
AITest.sav
Made with OpenTTD r23750
(635.87 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Thanks for all the comments and bug reports, sorry I am not more on top of making some changes. I really hope I can find the time to solve some of these issues soon.
Buggi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Buggi »

I'd help if I could get the tools to work.. >.<

When I try to use the grfCodec I get a DLL error. "missing libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll"

grrr

Also... NFO sux.

Really sux
-Buggi
Programmer and TTD fan...
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Buggi wrote:When I try to use the grfCodec I get a DLL error. "missing libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll"
That sounds like a compilation bug of some kind, have you reported it?

Return to “Graphics Development”