Additional stops...

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Additional stops...

Post by SAC »

...as discussed losely in another thread! :P

I was wondering if it would be possible to extend the number of bus stops/truck stops, ("pass-thru"), from the current one to at least two - or even more?

The reason for asking is that I would be able to use one type of stop for my town buses, and another one for my regional buses - as an example! Looking further at this I can even imagine other extensions as "bus terminals" and "truck terminals" where one could be allowed to "build-up" those kind of things as we can do it with railroads!

An idea, of course, would be to use available station pieces for the latter, but I was merly thinking of NOT adding railroad facilities at all!

Anyone else besides me who might think this is a good idea and should be implemented?
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Dreamcatcher
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Dreamcatcher »

I like the idea in theory but would anyone design and code these sprites and would any of the developers have the time to implement the coding into TTD patch..
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Well, the designing part would be the least problem as I see it! :P The "big" thing is to get it implemented into the patch!

I think it's especially urgent as we can use road/truck waypoints, but are restricted to use the only stops available for the purpose - something that doesn't look good! :cry:

Dreamcatcher
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Dreamcatcher »

I think a different stop to mark the waypoints would be cool (like road signs) and codeable/workable if someone did the designs.

Im not to sure however if you could multi-tile (like with the stations) and still have the AI realising where to (bus stations / stops = a 1x1 target... pain in the butt really :( )
Dave

Post by Dave »

That's apparently impossible, unfortunately, SAC.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Dave Worley wrote:That's apparently impossible, unfortunately, SAC.
It is??? Oh.... :cry: ....darn!

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

It most like is impossible indeed. It requires new driving schemes if I understand your plans correctly. That'll take some effort.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Oh well, had to ask! :?

WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I thought id heard that somewhere there was going to be something done to allow ARVs to have terminuses that would allow the entire vehicle to fit. But i cant remember.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Dave

Post by Dave »

I assume that would just be a graphical thing, however, rather than a new coding feature. Possibly...

Who knows? :D
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Well the PatchDevs did try having more than more one tile bus and truck stops (like OTTD) but eventually one becomes a ghost station and doesn't get used making the whole excercise pointless.

However I would like to see the option to add different graphics for bus/lorry/tram through stops in the style of the railway ones. That way the British Tram Set can have a type of shelter for every period of British Tram history and every network.
Ramshill
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ramshill »

So what we would like (as larger road stop/terminus are impossible) is to be able to have multiple graphics available in game for each stop/terminus; thereby allowing use to have visualy distinguishable stops for trams/local bus/tourist stop/mail drops/goods yards etc.

Oh for a perfect world!
I maybe old but at least I'm not dead (yet).
OK! I admit it I AM dead (from the neck up)
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Yeah that is what we need for the Tram Set. That we can have a stop for every british tram network.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Looking forward to that! I use both local and regional buses along with trams, and I'd definately like more variations of stops! :P

SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Additional stops...

Post by SAC »

Had to "revive" this thread again as I want to add a suggestion in line with what I initially started this thread for;

I use waypoints in my game to sort of get vehicles to take a specific route between their destinations, but I find the ordinary bus- and truck stops looking really awful when placed on an "highway" in game. Is it possible to have the terminus for buses and trucks replaced with another addition of a "drive-through" stop, allowing for a more appropriate graphics, suitable for countryside roads?

Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

For either trucks or buses, would a truck stop or travel plaza work? At least here in the USA with long distance trucking, there are entire facilities where truckers can stop for the night, get a shower and a good meal, and sleep in a motel. Intercity buses can let passengers stretch their legs and get a meal, while the bus refuels.

Something like this could probably be done mostly graphical as a drive through stop. The problem might be in unwanted discharge/loading of passengers or cargo. Or would there be some way, much as truck stops don't accept passengers per se, and vice versa with bus stops, that there could be a stop that doesn't accept ANYTHING?
Without Trains America Stops

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Uh oh! I'm about to jump into this with relish. 8)
Unfortunately, waypoints are not available for roads and I don't think they are possible without a ton of patch dev work.
However, I do have a workaround. First, I build a railroad waypoint beside the tile where I want a road waypoint. Then I build drivethrough truck and bus stations as part of the railroad waypoint station. Finally I destroy the railroad waypoint. The bus and truck stops inherit and retain the waypoint effect and vehicles pass through without stopping/loading/unloading.
Unfortunately, as SAC pointed out, the graphics are not ideal.
As I see it, we could use three more sets of graphics: Toll Plazas (What I use), Rest Areas (Railwaymodeler's suggestion?) and an invisible routing tile (SAC's suggestion? Perhaps combined with a road sign?).
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

wallyweb, Railwaymodeler, and SAC wrote:[...]
Just wait/propose (for) the expansion of the "newstations" feature to TTD´s other traffic modes as well, and all your problems will be solved. 8)

regards
Michael
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

michael blunck wrote:
wallyweb, Railwaymodeler, and SAC wrote:[...]
Just wait/propose (for) the expansion of the "newstations" feature to TTD´s other traffic modes as well, and all your problems will be solved. 8)
Motion Proposed! Motion Moved! Do we have to wait for it to go through committee or can they enact the motion now? 8)
And what if Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition brings up this?
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

wallyweb wrote: And what if Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition brings up this?
You´d have to talk to George. 8)

regards
Michael

Return to “Suggestions”