Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

skullie22
Engineer
Engineer

Implicit order tracking

Post by skullie22 »

Hi

One of the problems I have in my complex network is often I do a mistake and the trains start to use different routes in most cases using implicit stops (this happens aften when I do improvements in the existing route).

I want to monitor trains with implicit stops to make sure they are all following the orders I'm expecting..... if there's a train with implicit orders I want to know to make a decision about what to do with it.

Is it possible to add a metric "trains with implicit orders" in the train order list?

Often trains are not optimized because I defined incorrectly the sequence I want and they start to have implicit stops .... this is hard to manage.

In my "small" world I have mostly trains, I have about 260 ... is not easy to check them all

Thnaks
Skullie22
LaChupacabra
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Implicit order tracking

Post by LaChupacabra »

I'm not sure, but I think you're using an older version of the game and the problem is the type of orders you're creating, which is "Go to" instead of "Go non-stop to". If so, well... This type is useful in some cases, but in most situations it can create quite a mess and the best solution is to simply not use it. Currently, as of version 14.0, the player must deliberately select these types of order, and I think this is the best solution to the problem you are facing.

Another problem, I think, is that you don't create shared orders. To do this, when you copying a train, do so while holding Ctrl. Then, if you want to change the orders on some line, you just need to do it for one train in the group, instead of for all of them individually. :)
I am sorry for may English. I know is bed.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

LaChupacabra wrote: 05 May 2024 15:25and I think this is the best solution to the problem you are facing.
i don't think you understood the problem, because that's just hiding it. the trains will still take the unwanted detours, by disabling implicit orders you're just making it even more difficult to spot them
LaChupacabra
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by LaChupacabra »

Eddi wrote: 06 May 2024 13:51 i don't think you understood the problem, because that's just hiding it. the trains will still take the unwanted detours, by disabling implicit orders you're just making it even more difficult to spot them
These are solutions for subsequent games. ;) I don't think it makes sense to add a new function to solve a problem that will practically no longer appear from version 14.0.
I am sorry for may English. I know is bed.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”