Request: allow demolishing town-owned bridges/tunnels with high enough local authority rating

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

bootmii
Engineer
Engineer

Request: allow demolishing town-owned bridges/tunnels with high enough local authority rating

Post by bootmii »

Right now, when a town builds a bridge over your railway, and then you remove that railway, you can't then demolish the bridge with the only reason being "owned by [town]". I want that changed so it's tied to local authority rating.
odisseus
Director
Director

Re: Request: allow demolishing town-owned bridges/tunnels with high enough local authority rating

Post by odisseus »

It is already possible to demolish town-owned bridges and tunnels (at least it still was in version 13.4). If the town won't allow you to do that, the reason is probably your low rating with the town authority.
TheDarkGiganotosaur
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Request: allow demolishing town-owned bridges/tunnels with high enough local authority rating

Post by TheDarkGiganotosaur »

kamnet wrote: 03 May 2024 20:28There is no penalty for enabling it.
No penalty from the local authorities, that is. They'll ignore anything you do with the magic bulldozer.

However, with great power comes great responsibility! If you use anything from the Sandbox Options menu (even if you disable afterwards), you'll ruin the chance of showing up in the Highscore Table screen after reaching the game-ending year, and THAT is the ONLY penalty there is.
The Dark Giganotosaur, the ghastly dinosaur (currently in human form)
"My favorite type of transport vehicles? Trains and streetcars/trams." | My Music | My Arts (TBA)
Windows 10 x64 (NEVER USED) | Knoppix 8.1+ x64 | Linux Mint 20.3 Xfce x64
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skc »

There's the "Local authority attitude" setting under Environment->Authorities.
Set that to 'Permissive' and you can bulldoze your way through a town irrespective of their rating of your company.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”